Pacific Ocean

For most of the month of January, we are living on the Pacific Ocean. Seven days to Hawaii, and then ten days to Japan, as well as a lost day when we cross the International Date Line. Life at sea is what I missed the most, and is what I am most excited and grateful to experience again. There are few opportunities, if ever, to live on the ocean. With the Spring 2019 voyage, I will have now spent over a year of my life living on the ocean, staring out at the horizon, mesmerized by the ever-changing water and sky, admiring a sunrise or sunset that seems on display only for us, out here alone in the ocean, feeling a sense of wonder and awe at the beauty in the world. Most voyagers realize life at sea with the shipboard community was their favorite part of the voyage. I fully agree. As excited as I am to arrive in Japan, I am in no hurry here at home, with life at sea.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tema, Ghana

Atlantic Crossing

Cliffs of Moher, Ireland